Donald & Janice Mosing BORSF Endowed Chair in Mechanical Engineering
Director, Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Energy Center
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Brigham Young University, 1994
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Brigham Young University, 1986
MCHE 695 - Energy Systems Design
ENGR 635 - Linear and Non-Linear Programming
MCHE 301 - Engineering Analysis
ENGR 301 - Thermodynamics
ENGR 313 - Dynamics
- Solar energy
- Renewable energy
- Engineering design and optimization
- Virtual reality
- Artificial intelligence
- Genetic algorithms and genetic programming
- Numeric and symbolic solutions to engineering problems.
Honors and Awards:
- Eminent Scholar Leadership Service Award, UL Lafayette, 2018
- “Engineering Faculty Professionalism Award,” 2018, Louisiana Engineering Foundation
- “Student Outreach Faculty Mentor of the Year,” University of Louisiana at Lafayette, College of Engineering, 2016
- “Researcher of the Year Award,” University of Louisiana at Lafayette, College of Engineering, 2015
- “Outstanding Undergraduate Research Mentor,” University of Louisiana at Lafayette, College of Engineering, 2014
Ritter, Kenneth A., Borst, Christoph W., Chambers, T.L., 2018, “Virtual Solar Energy Center Case Studies,” ASEE Computers in Education Journal, Vol 9, Issue 1, March 2018 pp. 1 – 7.
Ritter, K.R. III., Morgan, A., Taylor, C. Chambers, T., 2018, “Multilevel Performance Evaluation of Nvidia Grid VCA Using Iray and V-Ray Rendering Engines in 3DS Max Design,” Internet of Things and Cloud Computing, Vol 6, No. 2, pp. 36 – 48.
Ritter, K.A. III, Prilliman, M. J., Chambers, T. L., Raush, J.R., 2017, “Maintenance of a Small-Scale Parabolic Trough Concentrating Solar Power Plant in Louisiana,” International Journal of Sustainable and Green Energy, Vol. 6, No. 6, 2017, pp. 104-111.
Tayagi, S., Chambers, T.L., and Yang, K., 2017, “Enhanced Fuzzy-Analytic Hierarchy Process,” Soft Computing, A Fusion of Foundations, Methodologies and Applications (2017), DOI 10.1007/s00500-017-2639-y.
Ritter, K.A. III, Borst, C. W., Chambers, T. L., 2015, “Overview and Assessment of Unity Toolkits for Virtual Reality Applications,” International Journal for Innovation in Education and Research, Vol. 3, No. 7, pp. 88 – 105.
Raush, J., Chambers, T., 2014, “Initial Field Testing of a Concentrating Solar Photovoltaic (CSPV) Thermal Hybrid Solar Energy Generator Utilizing Large Aperture Parabolic Trough and Spectrum Selective Mirrors,” International Journal of Sustainable and Green Energy, Vol. 3, No. 6, pp. 123 – 131, 2014.
Chambers, T. L., Raush, J. R., Russo, B., 2014, “Installation and Operation of Parabolic Trough Organic Cycle Solar Thermal Power Plant in South Louisiana,” Energy Procedia, Vol. 49, 2014, pp. 1107 – 1116.